Good Things to Do:
- Leave the piercing alone unless you are cleaning it. NO PLAYING!
- Take a multi-vitamin with zinc and vitamin C for faster healing.
- Make sure your bedding is clean and changed frequently while healing.
- Leave jewelry in at all times. Even old and well-healed piercings can shrink in a matter of minutes. If your jewelry must be temporarily removed (such as for a medical procedure), contact Haven Body Arts for help.
- If you suspect you have an infection, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR JEWELRY! If the jewelry is removed, you can trap the infection inside, resulting in an abscess. Contact your piercer and we will advise you on what to do.
Don’t Do This:
- Don’t use Bacitracin, Neosporin, Rubbing Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Betadine, tea tree oil or any products other than saline and/or chamomile tea. These products will hinder healing and cause more harm than good!
- Avoid submerging your piercings in dirty water, such as pools, lakes and Jacuzzis. If you have to go in the water, make sure you cover your piercing with a breathable, non-water permeable wound sealant such as Tegaderm (found at your local pharmacy).
- Avoid sleeping on your piercing during healing.
- NO PLAYING!!! NO TOUCHING!!! NO LICKING OR KISSING!!!
- Don’t change out starter jewelry until piercing is fully healed.