- Whats going to happen? (start to finish)
- You will fill out paper work and provide the appropriate identification.
- For piercings, our front end staff will help you find the perfect jewelry for your modification.
- The artist will set up their work station and obtain the properly sterilized equipment they will need for the procedure.
- The artist will explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have at that time.
- The procedure will be preformed.
- Aftercare will be explained to you after or during the procedure. You will also be provided your own written copy for reference.
- Are people going to be watching?
- This depends on you, if you would like privacy during your procedure, ask your artist and they will make the appropriate accommodations.
- Can people be there with me during my procedure?
- Yes, but they must listen to the artists instructions at all times while in the tattooing or piercing rooms.
- Many surfaces are considered clean and will become contaminated if you; or anything you are carrying makes contact with them.
- Never touch anything within the artists room.
- If you are less than 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must accompany you.
- Can someone hold my hand?
- This depends on the artist, and the actual procedure.
- Physical contact might not be possible if it hinders the artist’s ability to work.
- Just ask and your artists will let you know if it is ok.
- How long does this take?
- A piercing will take less than a second. Literally. For most procedures setup and the after care discussion will take longer than the procedure its self.
- A tattoo is completely dependent on the size and complexity of the piece.
- For tattoos if you are receiving a large piece, you should be prepared to sit for long periods of time. Feel free to ask your artist for breaks if you begin to feel uncomfortable.
- When receiving a modification it is always a good idea to have a decent meal and wear comfortable clothes.
- I am getting light headed or nauseous during my modification, what do I do?
- Immediately tell your artist!
- This is nothing to be embarrassed about and happens all the time.
- The entire HBA staff is trained in first aid and will know how to help you.
- Tipping my artist?
- Tipping is customary, not required, and is greatly appreciated.
108 Main Street Floor 2 Northampton MA 01060