- Does HBA have memebers of the APP on staff?
- Yes, all of HBA’s piercers are members of the APP.
- What is it?
- APP / The Association of Professional Piercers
- The APP is an international non-profit organization that focuses on health and safety.
- The APP educates the piercing community and legislators on proper techniques, health / safety requirements, and inspections.
- Why is it important?
- The requirements also extend to the shop the piercer works in. Ensuring that the shop is a sanitary environment and that healthy business practices are used at all times.
- To become a member of the APP, a piercer must meet certain health and safety requirements, such as certifications in CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens.
- Additional Info:
- If an artist is claiming to be a member of the APP, simply go to the APP webpage and check the directory listing of all active members.
- Click here to check the list.
- If they are a listed member then they also need current certifications in CPR, Blood Borne Pathogens, and First Aid.
108 Main Street Floor 2 Northampton MA 01060